[IP] how to ruin a perfect day of #'s

Hi gang,

What did we do wrong? We went to Chile's tonight. (we frequent a lot) and
Kevin wanted dessert. We usually try to stick to home desserts with the carbs
on the package...but we said ok since we have put him thru so much basal
testing this week...SO he got a cup of icecream with some chocolate sauce on
it. Pretty innocent I thought. Looked up in my book and estimated about 45
carbs for the whole thing.

He started the dinner at 100 and ate what he normally does (and never had a
problem with). 2 hours later he was 401! I couldnt believe it. He felt awful
and was with a headache and sweaty. We gave conservative .5 units thinking he
would be down soon....then 1/2 hour later checked and he was 375. We did 1.0

Is it the fat? or what??? Where did we go wrong? We will be checking a lot
tonight to make sure we dont have a "insulin collision." shesh.

Sorry so long...just had to talk.

Mom of Kevin, 11, dx 12/98
pump since 5/99