Re: Subject: Re: [IP] humalog at room temp

> > There is 10 or 20 units of insulin in the line between the site and
> > the pump (depends on short/long line).
> I've done this many times in the last 15 years.  You do have to make
> sure you know how long it takes to use up the line -- 40 units in
> the long ones, 20 or so in the short ones.

Careful here!!  Don't want to run out. The tube contains 1/2 unit per
inch approximately. That is about 20 units for 42" lines and half
that for the short lines. There are a few pumpers using the newer 33
inch tubes, those will have 15 units. You must also account for what
ever it takes to prime the set when you reconnect. A drop you can see
is several units of insulin.