Re: Subject: Re: [IP] humalog at room temp

> There is 10 or 20 units of insulin in the line between the site and
> the pump (depends on short/long line). This insulin can be used by
> removing the syringe from the pump, disconnecting the line at the
> leur lock and filling the syringe with air. Reconnect the line and do
> just enough of a prime to engage the drive arms and get a drip or two
> out of the quick disconnect fitting. The air in the syringe will then
> push the insulin remaining in the line.

I've done this many times in the last 15 years.  You do have to make sure
you know how long it takes to use up the line -- 40 units in the long ones,
20 or so in the short ones.  For me though that can be quite a while and
always long enough to at least get home.