Re: [IP] Hold the bumper sticker presses!

In a message dated 8/21/99 4:54:07 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Don't victimise diabetics - they put up with enough pricks now.>>>>>>
 I want to ask you all, not just Jill, how you think that message will be
 received?  Do you think it will invoke sympathy?  Do you think it will ease
 the feeling of diabetics?  Do you think the general public will think
 better of diabetics (as a group)?
 I don't think so.  I think it is arrogant and self centered.  It does to
 others what you would never want done to you.

Hi Bob

I certainly wouldn't put it on my car, but I'd probably get one to stick up
on a bulletin board in my house. Next to my lab orders and my appointment
cards for endos, opthalmologists, podiatrists my PCP (who I overheard telling
a patient one day to remember to take her "sugar pill"),  etc. :-)