Re: [IP] carbs are not equal

In a message dated 8/21/99 12:22:59 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< But with diabetes, you are wrong - sugar KILLS!
 That's the only difference between diabetes and "normal" people.  Diabetics
 die early.  Period.  Or of complications!  The difference is SUGAR! >>

That's interesting. And you're right. People with diabetes die, especially if
they eat sugar. It reminded me that my grandmother had diabetes and she ate
sugar just about every day (she did like her piece of cake). And, sure
enough, she died!!! She laid down for a nap on the day she turned 98 1/2 and
she died. On the other hand, most people *without* diabetes die before they
reach 98 1/2 ...