Re: Subject: [IP] newbie needs help / exercise highs

Experimenting is probably the best way to see how he will react. For us,
Rachel was so active at the beach ... running through the waves, playing in
the sand, etc ...that all we did was disconnect without any extra bolus. When
she would stop for a break we would have her reconnect until she was ready to
run and play again. She has a Disetronic pump, so my thought behind this was
that she would be getting little "bursts" of insulin every 3 minutes. Before
eating we checked her bg's, and bolused for a meal or correction if we
needed, but she didn't go high.

Remember, YMMV.

Mom to Rachel