[IP] College Students..I need your input

I am looking at starting a Diabetes Interest Group on campus at our student
health service.  I am looking for input in several areas.

1.  A name..Diabetes Interest Group sounds better to me than Diabetes Support
group for college students.  Any other suggestions?

2.  We have a "sharps disposal" program and can outreach then, and through
ads in the campus newspaper, flyers in the SHS and in Dorms and Dining halls.
 Obviously through our clinic.  And I've contacted the local ADA, so he'll
know if a college student calls.  I plan to contact the area CDE's at our two
hospitals (only one has a support group and it is geared towards older
patients at different "crossroads" than my students.)  We have no endo in
town except for one who spends one day a week in town...so I'll let her know.
  Other ideas to reach students?

3.  I can address basic information, suggest books, websites, discuss the
DCCT, address motivation, college stressors, facilitate some speakers, let
students ventilate frustrations, discuss research, etc.  I have one of the
meter software programs and may be able to get hold of others and have a
computer at my disposal.  Suggestions?

4.  I do not have a clinic with 24 hour coverage.  My policy has been to work
WITH the patients' regular physician in setting up goals for testing, glucose
and A1c levels and dosage changes.  To address those, I will see the patient
one on one in the office setting.  We have a large counselling service to
help if it appears anyone needs their services one on one also.

5.  Timing...I have to just pick something to start..later student schedules
will decide meeting times.  Would late afternoon, like 5-6 be a time that
most would be able to make?

6.  I know a lot won't come,  but if I can help even a few get through
college, better yet, with better contol and knowlege of how to be in control
of this condition, I'll be satisfied that it was worth the effort.  Any
comments or suggestion will be worth it.

Thanks in advance...Linda   IDDM 1970  MM506 1993