Re: [IP] in defense of "disturbed" obsessive diabetics

In a message dated 8/20/99 12:56:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I explained to her that feeling so much
 better with the "obsessive" control, I had many more usable hours to work
 with, so I was actually quite a bit ahead of the game.   >>
   Excellent observation! Melissa checks A LOT also, but it's done more as a
validation/corroboration of her self-management. By checking so often, if she
had misjudged, she could remedy the bg BEFORE it rose really high. Once she's
in the 300s, it could take hours to get her back into range - hours during
which she's irritable, lethargic, unable to think or work,
etc.....Fortunately, that only happens nowadays maybe 2-3 times a month, if

Regards, Renee (pump-mom/coach)