Re: [IP] Chronic Illness Attitude

My son was 19 months old when he was dx'd.  He's now almost 6. I didn't want
him to become isolated and feel that he was the only one with diabetes.  We
started visiting the families of the kids when they were first diagnosed in
the hospital; if they wanted to meet a real family dealing with diabetes.
Consequently, Jack can rattle off the names of lots of kids who have diabetes
and he has grown into the role of sharing what info he finds important at the
time about diabetes.  Since your child is older, she might make a new friend.
 If you have a diabetes camp near you, that's also another great resource.
Hope this helps.