[IP] Chronic Illness Attitude

My daughter's school recommended I put her into a children with chronic
illness support group that does not have any specific illness, just kids who
are sick.  I hesitate to do this because I haven't treated her like she is
sick, or chronically ill, and I don't want her to get that mind set.  Not to
say support isn't a great thing, but we don't have a diabetic children's
support group in our area.  I'm curious about other parent's attitudes on
this issue.  I don't want to appear to be in denial, but don't want her to
think of herself as ill, or to possibly be stuck with a group of children who
possibly have illnesses more accute, such as cancer, or whatever.  Any ideas
on this would help me.  Thanks.