Re: [IP] Research Study: Interruption of CSII (lispro v humalog)

Michael , you wrote :
"Maybe so, but it DOCUMENTS the fact that one should not worry about a
pump failure during the night when using Humalog. This subject comes
up all the time and is an argument used frequently by some docs to
continue NPH for kids during pump start up or to use only regular
rather than Humalog."

The problem is that some kids sleep 10 or more hours per night and this
research only tested for 5 hours.   So I wouldn't stick this article under
the nose of a pump-reluctant ped endo.  I'm sticking with the Humalog, but
there is a greater risk of rapid onset of DKA with the H than with the
Velosuline depending on how many hours one goes with a pump or site