[IP] Insurance - Isabelle

First, try not to let this upset you Isabelle

> I HATE THIS ASPECT OF THE DISEASE MORE THAN
> ANYTHING ELSE.  IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BEGGAR
> WITH A BEGGING BOWL WHINING FOR HANDOUTS!!!!!!!!!

I know EXACTLY how you feel...

First of all, which is your primary insurance?  Go to them FIRST.  If they
"say" they won't cover something, ask them to tell you on which page and
paragraph in your WRITTEN policy, (that hopefully you have), that is
stipulates that insulin pumps and the corresponding supplies are specifically
NOT covered.  I believe Michael wrote recently something to the effect that
if it isn't specifically denied in writing in your policy, then they CAN NOT
just "say" oh we aren't gonna cover that.  They are not medically qualified
to tell you what form of treatment you need, and insulin pumps are not NEW
and EXPERIMENTAL. they have been around for DECADES!!!!  (well 2 at least),
and the tighter contorl availed by them is proven to dramatically reduce the
affect of complications.

My health insurance is normally pretty amazing - difficult, yes, but they
seem to cover everything!  I did something to my knee and the ortho has
prescribed physical therapy...However, insurance will only pay $500 per
year!!!!  Here in NYC, that is like 3 visits after the initial consult!!!  So
the p/t place is giving me a "hardship" discount, reducing the price, so I
can get as much therapy as possible before insurance says no more...Yes, I
feel like a beggar on the corner with a cup...hardship...sheessh!  And what
am I supposed to do if the small amount of p/t I do get isn't enough?!?!?
After 2 weeks, it is just now starting to feel better but I am sliding
towards $500 awfully quick!

Sara