[IP] Re:insulin @ room temp

> From: Ted Quick <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re:insulin @ room temp and geneva trying the sil!
> > There's really no need to refrigerate the bottle of insulin you're currently using.  I keep a bottle in my purse for approximately a month at a time.  In 13 1/2 years, I have had 1 bottle of insulin go bad.
> Maybe so with NPH, but not with Humalog which is what most people use in pumps.
> Humalog really needs to be kept refrigerated except when it's in
> the pump syringe so that it will last for more than 2.5 days.
> Ted Quick
> email @ redacted

I absolutely disagree.  I have been using the pump for almost 4 years, first w/Velosulin and, for the past 6 months, with Humalog.  I keep the Humalog in my purse for a month, and I have not had any problems with it, despite an unusually hot Maryland summer.  I use straight Humalog, and my sets last 3-4 days.  So. . . while I realize that everyone has a bit different experience with insulin and sets, I am not at all convinced that it has anything to do with heat.