    From: Jim Woolf <email @ redacted>
    To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
    Date: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 10:27 AM
    Subject: Want to find a new endocrinologist for 8 yr old - Matthew

    Matthew is 8 years old and was diagnosed in March 1997 with type I.

    His current doctor is using  REG and NPH insulin.  He has been
experiencing a lot of high BG readings in the first AM test (sometimes over
250 BG), at times with small to moderate ketones (we have tested him during
the night and have found him hitting with a BG of 45-60 and then by morning
he rebounded to the high 200 to 350 range.  He also has been having high
readings at other times during the day.  He has also been having low BG (30)
during the day as a result of the high from the prior night.

    Since he was diagnosed, he has been unstable with his BG reading.  This
past summer he has worse and we have been testing 6+ times during the day,
and then over two readings each night.   We have kept in contact with his
Endo, that has not been too helpful with what to do.

    Our current doctor is not for the pump until he is at least 13.  Would
you know of any doctor that might be supportive of the pump or have some
alternates that we can do.

    We do keep a log of his readings and test him during the night to
"catch" the lows that he sometimes has around 1 AM.  His diet is good and we
count CARBS to help maintain his food intake to balance the insulin that is
getting three times a day (prior to breakfast, prior to dinner and prior to
bed time).

    Any help would be appreciated in finding a doctor or team in the New
Jersey area.

    We live in Marlton, NJ 08053
    This is about 12 miles from Philadelphia, PA

    Jim & Carol Woolf