[IP] Doctors*&^#$%&**

I am really frustrated with my family Dr. (as usual). He always seem to
'blow me off' when ever I go to him with a problem. Today I finally went to
him after I have been having pain in my lower right back. Flank area. He
took a look at my back and decided it was probably a pulled muscle!! I said
don't you think that you should check for a kidney infection?? He said on
no....and sent me on my way. I left frustrated as usual. Am I wrong to
assume when a person in their second decade of diabetes presents with flank
pain that the kidneys should always be checked?? He didn't even to a urine
dipstick test! And to top it all off I only have one good kidney due to a
congenital defect. I would really like to protect the good one as much as
possible. Oh well I guess I just need to rant and rave, but what would you
all do?

Wendy Anderson (ONT)