[IP] Pumping with BC/BS coverage

Beth Ginck wrote:
> I just went on the pump recently and I have Blue Cross and Blue Shield.  They covered the pump after I reached my deductible and my out of pocket expenses, but we also have a prescription plan that they say cannot be used, because the pump supplies are considered DME's and not a prescription item.  Have you dealt with this at all?  Is there anyway to fight this?  I will have to pay $500 out of pocket every year, until I get the supplies covered. i guess that really isn't a lot, but every little bit helps. Thanks, Beth

OK, I have BC/BS (called Anthem, in Ohio), but since it is DME it is NOT based
on a deductible. I get all o my supplies by mail order and never have to
pay any part of it, though I do have to get a check cashed and forward the funds
to the mail order company.

Of course your plan may vary........

Ted Quick