Re: [IP] Want to find a new endocrinologist for 8 yr old - Matthew

I don't have a clue where these ped endos come off saying kids under 13
shouldn't be pumping.  It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.  My son
started pumping at 7.5, only because it took us that long to get to our
current endo!  Had we gotten to her sooner, he would have been on the pump
even earlier.  There are even children as young as 2 on the pump now.  If
parents have to manage their child's diabetes, they can manage it with pump
therapy far better than injection therapy if they are willing to learn about
pump therapy.  Sheesh.  Someone send these endos a clue!  Better yet, search
on  <A HREF="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?db=m">PubMed
medline query</A>  for CSII (continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion) and
Children and send the endos the numerous abstracts that prove how good it is
for children.  I have a list if anyone wants it.  Most of the abstracts are
from the 1980s - how much longer will the current endos stick their heads in
the sand?  Demand they start practicing 20th century medicine before the 21st
century arrives.  Off my soapbox!

Regards,
Ellen H. Ullman
Mom, Advocate for children with diabetes and their parents, Friend,
Webmaster...<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html">
http://members.aol.com/CamelsRFun/index.html </A> aka KidsRPumping.
PLEASE SUPPORT FUNDING A CURE FOR DIABETES.  MY FAVORITE CHARITY IS DIABETES
RESEARCH INSTITUTE IN MIAMI FLORIDA <A HREF="http://www.drinet.org">DRI</A>.
You choose a charity and work toward the cure.