Re: [IP] more nighttime basal help!

> and her temp rate is decided based on activity that day, or if she
> ate a high fat food? etc?
> what might that range be for lily  YMMV?
If it is still too close to dinner, we will let her go up. With
dinner basal working, the temp rate does not seem to be needed, that
is the exception rather than the rule. She sometimes eats late .. 8
or 9 then goes to bed a couple of hours later. When she was younger,
we adjust her rate up and down 0.1u/hr for each 10 points her bg's
were above or below bedtime target in addition to any high bg bolus
if she were high. This was the last couple of years, I don't know
what she does at the moment, she has pretty much taken over her own
management. If she were below 75, no temp rate was initiated. You'll
have to figure out the details as I imagine there will be
differences. I was always nervous about the big jump in insulin
intake, but it always worked ??? what can I say? We actually worked
on profiling the bed time - go to sleep basal / bg rise for a couple
of months, as I recall. I found it hard to believe the apparent jump
in basal requirements when she went to sleep. It was real and the
technique works for Lily. You certainly want to document your
daughter's basal requirements carefully. Experimenting in the "dark",
so-to-speak, could result in undesirable outcome if you inadvertently
over do it. I found it very difficult to be agressive, but eventually
did so with good results. YMMV!