Re: [IP] Who keeps things going?

> Who are the Administrators for the Insulin Pumpers lists? How can we
> contact them?
> People often wonder about the group behind the scenes. Here we are

I thought I'd add to the answer above. For the really tough questions
that come up there is also our Medical Advisory Board that provides
an answer that's "the best". No, you don't have to save this e-mail,
you can find the Medical Advisory Board on the ABOUT page of the web
site. New professional members are welcome, just drop me a note. The
medical board members, like our admins, are from all over the world.

Ellen Johnson, MD <email @ redacted >
               Dr. Johnson attended the New York University School of
               Medicine, graduating in 1986. She completed her
               residency in Family Practice at Hershey Medical Center,
               Hershey, PA in 1989, and is currently Assistant
               Professor of Family Medicine at the Good Samaritan
               Family Practice Residency in Lebanon, PA. Dr. Johnson
               has had IDDM since 1972 and has used an insulin pump
               since 1994.

J. Joseph Prendergast, MD <email @ redacted >
               Dr. Prendergast has been a practicing diabetologist for
               nearly 30 years and is Board Certified in Internal
               Medicine as well as Endocrinology and Metabolism. He
               has published 31 medical articles in well-known
               publications such as The Journal of the American
               Medical Association, The New England Journal of
               Medicine, and Diabetes Care. In 1986, Dr. Prendergast
               formed a single specialty endocrinology practice, and
               founded a non-profit research foundation. Both are
               currently active. He is the Medical Director for
               Diabetes Well, heading up the Diabetes Well - Wellness
               Program in Atherton, California.

Miguel Hissa, MD <email @ redacted >
               Dr. Hissa is Associate Professor at the University
               Federal do Ceara Medical School in Fortaleza, Brasil.
               Dr. Hissa has worked with diabetic patients since 1978
               and is in charge of the Diabetic Outpatient Clinic at
               the Medical School Hospital. He has worked with pump
               patients since 1997.

Nancy Morgan, MD <email @ redacted >
               Dr. Morgan studied at Ohio State University, graduating
               from medical school in 1979. She completed her
               residency at North Carolina Medical Center in 1972 and
               now practices Family Medicine in Lenoir, NC, with her
               physician husband and 6 other physicians. Dr. Morgan
               has first hand experience with diabetes and the insulin
               pump, as her 8 year old daughter, Jenna, was diagnosed
               with Type I diabetes on Feb 13, 1998. Jenna has used an
               insulin pump since November, 1998.

Steven Roosevelt, MD, CDE <email @ redacted >
               BA, UCLA, 1969
               PhD (Anatomy) U of Utah, 1972
               MD, U of Utah, 1974
               Intern, Medicine, Barnes Hosp, St. Louis, MO 1974-75
               Resident, Medicine, Barnes Hosp, St. Louis, Mo
               1975-1977 Fellow, Endocrinology, Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr,
               Torrance, CA 1977-79 JD, Western State Univ, Fullerton,
               CA, 1988 Private Practice, Glendora, CA 1979-1993
               Private Practice, Boise, ID 1993-1998 Medical Director,
               DTCA, Foothill Presby Hosp, 1984-1992 CDE, 1995 Fellow,
               Am Coll Legal Med Fellow, Am College Clinical Endo
               Member, ADA, ACE, ACP, Sigma Xi

Yale C. Kanter, MD, FACS <email @ redacted >
               Dr. Kanter attended Dalhousie University Medical School
               in Halifax, Nova Scotia and completed a residency in
               Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in Cleveland,
               OH, and an ophthalmology residency as a Fellow of the
               National Institutes of Health at the University of
               Minnesota Hospitals He holds speciality certifications
               from the American Board of Eye Surgery, the Royal
               College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, the
               American Board of Ophthalmology, and the Licentiate
               Medical Council of Canada. In addition, he is certified
               as Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS), Fellow
               American Academy of Ophthalmology, and Fellow American
               Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Kanter is a
               Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the University
               of Minnesota and is a Surgical Consultant/Instructor at
               the Minneaplolis Veterans Administration Medical
               Center. He is the founder of Progressive Eye Care
               Associates and has been in private medical practice
               since 1965. Dr. Kanter is an insulin dependent diabetic
               and has used an insulin pump since August, 1996.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE, CPT <email @ redacted >
               Ms. Bradley has been a nurse for 30 years and spent
               over 25 years as a nurse educator with 18 years in
               diabetes education. She is a certified pump trainer and
               insulin pump program coordinator, with over 50 pump
               starts ages 12 to 75.

Deidre Ailles, RD, CDE <email @ redacted >
               Ms. Ailles has worked in private practice as a diabetes
               educator and is now District Sales Manager for MiniMed
               in Canada. She is just completing her masters degree in
               adult education. Ms. Ailles has Type I diabetes and
               uses an insulin pump.

Delaine M. Wright, MS, CDE <email @ redacted >
               Ms. Wright is a Clinical Exercise Physiologist (masters
               level) and Certified Diabetes Educator. She is the
               Program Coordinator for Cardiovascular & Pulmonary
               Rehabilitation, Prevention and Wellness Programs in
               southern Rhode Island (hospital based). Ms. Wright has
               a background in physiology, pathophysiology, exercise
               physiology, and education and teaches physiology
               classes to nursing and allied health students at the
               junior college level. She organizes and runs education
               and support groups for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
               and is a professional member of the ADA, AADE, IDAA,
               AACVPR, ACSM. Ms. Wright is a national speaker on
               "Diabetes Management in the Cardiovascular
               Rehabilitation Setting" and is one of a select few
               Certified Diabetes Educators who are clinical exercise
               physiologists. Ms. Wright has had Type 1 diabetes for
               16 years and has used an insulin pump since November,

Fran Kieger, RN, CDE, MS, MEd, CSS <email @ redacted >
               Ms. Kieger has worked as a consultant for J&J, Lilly,
               and Pfizer and founded the Diabetes Comprehensive Care
               Program along with Dr. Will Cefalu at Wake Forest
               University Medical Center. She is currently working for
               Disetronic and is Hostess for the Disetronic Chat as
               well as Ask The Expert. Ms. Kieger has started over two
               hundred people with diabetes on the insulin pump. She
               has a special interest in female issues such as menses
               and the effect of estrogen/progesterone on blood

Gaye Thomsen, RDT <email @ redacted >
               Ms. Thomsen is a Registered Dietary Technologist and
               studied at the Northern Institute of Technology in
               Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, graduating in 1980. She has
               practiced at Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Grande
               Prairie as well as the Red Deer Regional Hospital. Her
               specialities include teaching diabetic diet planning,
               meal planning, recipe testing and meal replacement. In
               October of 1998, her 11 year old daughter Michelle was
               diagnosed with IDDM and began using an insulin pump in
               July of 1999.

Hans Hillege, RN, Phd candidate
               <email @ redacted > Mr. Hillege is a
               registered nurse and Lecturer in Nursing at the
               University of Sydney in Australia. He is currently
               completing his doctorate in the area of diabetes. Mr.
               Hillege has extensive first hand experience with
               diabetes as his 23 year old daughter was diagnosed with
               IDDM at age 4.