Re: [IP] school starting for new pumpers

> is there a start back to school rule of thumb that we should adhere
> to ?

Never heard of such a rule. Any adjustments I would expect to be
fairly minor.

> also...how often should geneva test her blood at school?  every
> three hours?
Nothing really changes. Ideally 45 min or so before lunch so she has
an opportunity to bolus down if high and recheck if necessary to
confirm. In the afternoon sometime between 2 and 4 or 30 -45 minutes
before sports practice if she's in organized sports, same reason as
lunch. If she routinely eats an afternoon snack like most ravenously
hungry teens, then just before is a good time with the same rule as
lunch. Same for dinner... etc.... Basically, the greatest flexibility
in lifestyle anticipates up-comming "things" by an hour and test
accordingly. She should be able to test "wherever" at school so it
does not become an issue for her. Her classmates will be curious at
first and take it for granted within a week or two. You might even
encourage her to "give a little talk". Most kids are very curious but
much to shy to ask questions. Lily has done a "show and tell" a
couple of times and the questions from the kids were good ones. Most
people, including kids, really would like to understand the problem
and don't have a clue about diabetes.

she was sooooo paranoid about going low last year that