[IP] comments on popcorn, lowcarb diets, and bumper stickers!

     on popcorn, my endo back when I was ten in 1979 never allowed me to
     eat popcorn b/c it raised bg's to high too fast. I also was never
     allowed peanut butter  or raisins. NEVER! I'd like to know more on the
     popcorn issue. I think it may be the fat content, but I'll watch for
     On low carbs, I am very interested in the glycemic index . There is a
     wonderful book, SUGARBUSTERS that I read recently, and am convinced
     this is the way. There is a website, I think it's rickmendosa.com
     thathas amazing accurate info. Also, About.com has a glycemic index
     page on the Busy Cooks section--check it out. My gramma always ate a
     lot of high fiber foods and had great low sugars most of the time.
     One more thing-I wrote MM last week (email) asking about 507C just
     wanted to know about upgrading, blah blah. Well, Kevin Harrington in
     Rhode Island called me last night. He's a rep in the area, and we had
     a great conversation. I know others here are always saying how
     impressed they are by their reps, now I have personal experience, and
     he is GREAT! BTW, he mentioned there is an insulin pumpers meeting at
     the Newton, MA Marriott in Sept. Anyone going? I live on the South