[IP] Re:insulin @ room temp and geneva trying the sil!

> From: "Ruth Schneider" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] insulin at room temp for loading cartridge
> I have been putting it either in a mug of warm/tepid water to do it quickly,
> or putting it in the window where the sun hits.
> will this mess up the chemical compounds at all?
> ruth

There's really no need to refrigerate the bottle of insulin you're currently using.  I keep a bottle in my purse for approximately a month at a time.  In 13 1/2 years, I have had 1 bottle of insulin go bad.  And even then, I'm not sure it was due to heat.  It was NPH and could have just been a bad, flukey batch.  Don't worry about keeping it cold.  Just keep it from boiling.  ;-)

> From: "Ruth Schneider" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [none]
> i tried the sils this morning for the first time and it HURT SO BAD! i guess
> i don't like the idea of putting it in myself. i like the sofsets and my
> sofserter better. and the needle is smaller.
> Geneva, daughter of ruth

That needle on the sils is pretty scary, isn't it?  I use both types of sets, depending on my mood.  What I find is that the sofsets are easier and more comfortable to put in, but the sils are more comfortable after they are in.  You might just want to wait awhile and try another sil on a day when you are feeling brave.  I know that for me, if I'm tired or in a hurry, I don't bother with the sils.  I just pop in a sofset with the sofserter and forget about it.  Good luck, and do whatever you feel most comfortable with.