[IP] Re: cotton candy, carbs are not necessarily . . .

. . .created equal.  I know I have posted other things on here about the
whole cotton candy thing . . .and yes I believe it is OK once in awhile for
a little treat!! But I also disagree with what everyone is saying that a
carb is a carb is a carb . . . I don't think this is necessarily true.  When
taking insulin subcutaneously, even by a pump, there is no way that enough
insulin can get into your bloodstream quickly enough to counteract really
fast acting carbohydrates.  So if the point of tight control is to have as
normal numbers as possiblem wouldn't this mean lower peaks after meals?
Therefore, if you ate something that wasn't pure sugar (i.e. cotton candy)
it would be absorbed more slowly and the insulin would have more chance to
work before causing a really high bg. whereas pure sugar would make the bg
go up higher . . .i don't know.  I still think that treats are cool
sometimes . . .because life is too short to deprive yourself!!! I just don't
want people out there to start eating tons of sugar because they can . . .of
course you all probably eat really healthy diets anyway . . .so just put up
with my ranting . . .  :)  ---wishing you all great blood sugars!!! --Gianna