Re: [IP] Gastro Flare Up - Fear - Whine

Fran Baumgartner wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just needed to vent about gastroproesis.  I know there are some of you
> that probably have it worst than me and I am sorry for that.  I just got
> hit real hard with it.  It started Thursday and just progressively got
> worse.  This morning I woke up with a bs of 41, an hour later ( after
> taking 45 grams of carbo - sprite ) I was 246 and then an hour later I
> was 66.  I called my husband and he came home from work.  I was just
> freaking that nothing would stay down.  I didn't understand the bs down
> up down.  I've spend more time the last few days on the toilet than
> anywhere else.  I have no appetite, I get hungry, eat and there it
> goes.  Not even my fave, chicken noodle soup was staying down.  :-(  We
> called the doctor and I got back on cisipride.  Steve made me breakfast
> / lunch and that partially stayed down.  I've only visited the toilet
> five times today, so it's a bit better.  It scares me because I've heard
> / read that some people end up in the hospital for a month on IV just ot
> have calories in them.  I think it scares me too just for the shear fact
> that diabetes is rearing it's ugly head and I get scared, what's next.
> I am tired of the pain and being a couch potato.  Then I feel guilty
> because I don't have the energy to exercise.  Arg, the stuff I do to
> myself in my head.
>
> Anyway, thanks for listening.  On the plus sign,  I have lost 8 pounds!
> :-)  One must always look for some positive...  Diets don't work for me
> but gastro does!
>
> Fran in AZ

  Dear Fran, My heart goes out to you. I was hospitalized about 9 months ago

for Gastroparesis.  I didn't know what was wrong with me I thought I was
dying of stomach cancer.  I had all kinds of thoughts running threw my
head.  They finally found out what was the cause of all the throwing up and
all the consist pain in my upper stomach.  I'm on a study drug from Canada
called domperdone. It has worked better for me then anything else. I still
get flare ups, but I have not thrown up since I have been on it. I'm so
afraid that when it flares up it will never stop.  Tammy