RE: [IP] How do I become a CDE or . . . .

===== Original Message from email @ redacted at 8/16/99 6:32 pm
>Here is the Website of the Org that tests..
>
>http://ncbde.org/
>

>>i saw the following on the childrenwithdiabetes site:
>>
>>  C.D.E. (Certified Diabetes Educator)
>>           A health professional who is certified by the National
>>Certification Board for Diabetes Educators to teach  people with
>>diabetes how to manage their condition. The criteria to obtain this
>>certification include:
>>
>>              1.a degree in the health professions such as R.N.
>>(nursing), M.D. or D.O. (physicians), R.D.  (dietitians), R.Ph. or
>>Pharm.D. (pharmacists), M.S.W. (social workers), and others.
>>              2.at least two years' experience in diabetes education.
>>              3.successful completion of a comprehensive examination
>>covering the field.
>>
>>           Certified Diabetes Educators must be recredentialed every 5
>>years.
>>
>>           Visit the American Association of Diabetes Educators website
>>to learn more about diabetes education.
>>           You may also visit the National Certification Board for
>>Diabetes Educators website to learn more about the Certification
>>process.

>Brian Carter
>ICQ # 27217438
>Mailto:email @ redacted
>Home Page at http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/falls/3564
===== Comments by email @ redacted ("John Jason Horohoe
(University)") at 8/17/99 12:05 pm
I was trying to find out info on becoming a pump trainer. I am already a
registered nurse, but not a CDE. If anybody has any info please let me know.