Re: [IP] steroids/bgs

    You are totally right about the steroids.
    I just read in the Pumping Insulin book the section on the effects of
    "Certain drugs greatly increase the need for insulin. Paramount among
these are the steroids like prednisone & cortisone."
    "If steroids are required, make sure the physician prescribing them is
aware of your diabetes. Contact your physician/health care team as soon as
possible to discuss insulin adjustments that are likely to be needed."
    I also know it is not a good idea to just quit the steroids. There is
usually a weaning schedule required with these medications.
    Hope that helps.