Re: [IP] Mom's back to school jitters

Boy,  can I relate!  My son was diagnosed 2 weeks before starting middle
school last year!  I set up an appointment w/all his teachers,  coaches, etc
before school started.  The school nurse was there too.  I was SO new to
diabetes,  yet I felt that I knew as much as the school nurse did!  Kinda
scary!  The one thing that bothers me is that the school WILL NOT allow
anyone (but me) to give the glucagon shot if needed!  They said they will
call me if he passes out & needs it.  I have glucagon gel that I left at the
office,  the home room teacher & the PE teacher. My son was the only kid at
school with diabetes.  They said they thought that they had had a child in
school with D several years back. THEY  THOUGHT???     I am not any more
comfortable this year than I was last year!     Any other suggestions??
Thanks!  Teressa