Re: [IP] How long can I leave a set in? Blood appearing after site change?

"Richard D. Spector" wrote:
> I know the recommend site change is every three days but has anyone had
> any success leaving sets in for  5 to 6 days?

Sure have. I tend to leave the set in for 6 or 7 days, as long as it
works well.  This IS with Comforts (aka Silhouettes or Tenders).
> Also for the first time I noticed when I put in a new set which was
> changed on the end of the third day I noticed with the new set there
> appeared to be blood in the insertion point of the set.  The only way I
> noticed this was after I had put the tape on to secure the set the
> plastic part that you cover had a little red dot where it is normally
> clear.  If this happens do I need to change the set and if so why?  What
> causes this to happen

A spot of blood at the site is OK as long as the set is delivering.
Sometimes you knick a capillary along the length of the Teflon or steel
canula which doesn't interfere with the working end of it. As long as it
works use it.

Ted Quick