[IP] How long can I leave a set in? Blood appearing after site change?

I know the recommend site change is every three days but has anyone had
any success leaving sets in for  5 to 6 days?

Also for the first time I noticed when I put in a new set which was
changed on the end of the third day I noticed with the new set there
appeared to be blood in the insertion point of the set.  The only way I
noticed this was after I had put the tape on to secure the set the
plastic part that you cover had a little red dot where it is normally
clear.  If this happens do I need to change the set and if so why?  What
causes this to happen