Re: [IP] How do I become a CDE or . . . .

gianna marzilli wrote:

> Now, can someone out there please give me some ideas on any health careers
> related to diabetes that do not necessarily involve medical school?  How do
> you become a CDE?

As I understand it you need a 4 year degree in a health care area, not
necessarily nursing, and have experience treating diabetics. You might want to
check the webpage for the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
http://www.diabetesnet.com/aade.html
They run the CDE certification program.

Where do you take the exam in this country, and do you
> have to be a doctor? What else is available in terms of job opportunities?
> How do you become a rep or educator for a pump company?

MiniMed and Disetronics can probably be contacted at their webpages for
this info. Without a CDE it might be hard to become a trainer (I guess),
but reps don't need the same training.

Ted Quick