[IP] Re: soda and airports

> From: "daytect" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Airport Security and the pump
> This is a question for all you experienced pumpers.  When you travel with
> your pump and you are going through airport security points, what do they
> make you do with the pump?

Initially, I always took it off and had them hand scan it or examine it manually.  Now I just walk on through and have never had a problem with effects on the pump or with airport personnel.  Just in case, I do carry a letter from my endo when I travel.  It just says that I wear the pump and why and that I need to have it with me at all times.

> we were at this ranch and she was using a soda dispenser.  is the
> soda dispenser "sweeter" than a can?
> ruth

Probably depends on who filled the canister.  It's not as consistent as a can.  Hell, half the time the "diet" fountain soda isn't really diet, because somebody made a wee mistake.