Re: [IP] artificial low basal at night

> michael,
> >Bear in mind that my daughter runs an artifically low basal
> can I ask what that is?  and from what to what time?  (forgive me, I
> know I printed out your basal rates and put them somewhere...but my
> desk is a SLEW of logs and paperwork now!)
Her afternoon/evening rate is about 0.6u/hr as I recall. Her sleep
rate is 1.1u/hr. Her pump has the evening rate set 'til 1:00am since
she almost always is in bed by then. She sets a temp basal rate
somewhere between 0.5 and 1.5 depending on anticipated bg rise or
fall. If she still has unused insulin from dinner (we eat late) she
sometimes simply leaves it alone. Otherwise it usually ends up
somewhere around 1.0 u/hr. Basically it is an extrapolation of unused
insulin/undigested carbs vs current bg and what direction she'd like
to go in, up/down.