Re: [IP] Re: Something's Wrong

 >Hi, i've been on a Distronic Pump for 4 weeks, the first week and half went
 >beautifully.  My bg's were in target and it was picture perfect.  I have
 >carb counting for the last 6 months with very good success until now.  I'm
 >not doing anything differently now, but the last 2 weeks, my bg's average
 >325.  I''ve tried switching sites, loading up with new vial of insulin,
 >bolusing frequently and nothing seems to work.  All of my sites have been in
 >the stomach.  I'm ready to go back to 4 shots a day, just to regain
 >I don't know if all of a sudden I have become insulin resistant or what the
 >heck is going on.  Anyone out there with similar experiences.

The frustrating thing about diabetes is that you can't regulate it like a
clock. There are too many variables. You could have a background infection,
stress, or a change in physical activity. If it is consistently high, you
might want to try bolusing extra to get it down, then it should stay down
after that. Remember that your basals just keep you level in the
background. However, it has know way of knowing what that level is. So, if
for some reason you go high (something you ate??), you need to use boluses
to gradually get back to normal so that your basals can continue to do
their job.