Re: [IP] Airport Security and the pump

In a message dated 8/14/99 12:41:36 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  When you travel with
 your pump and you are going through airport security points, what do they
 make you do with the pump? >>

I don't tell anybody anything. My pump has never set off an alarm. Once when
I was in an airport lounge and there were some security people in there, I
asked and they said they'd just do a pat-down or wand check. I said I was
surprised I'd never been "called" with insulin syringes lancets, etc., in my
bags and they said they were trained to recognize them.