Re: [IP] new baby

----- Original Message -----
From: email @ redacted>Debbie Prosinski
To: email @ redacted>email @ redacted
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 1999 5:24 AM
Subject: [IP] new baby

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a healthy baby girl on August 2nd at 10:08 am.  Her name is Sara Ashley - she weighed in at 8 lbs. 12 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.  I had a C-section because of a large fibroid at the base of my uterus which was blocking her way out.  The C-section wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be.  Sara was in ICU for the first 35 hours - partly to watch for low blood sugars as well as to monitor a fast breathing rate.  I was in the hospital for 4 days.  As has been said on this list before, sometimes people in the medical profession are clueless about pumps.  I had to be in the high risk ward due to the diabetes, but it was amazing how much I had to teach them about diabetes and the pump.  One morning they weren't going to let me have my breakfast choice (Raisin Bran) because "diabetics can't have Raisin Bran".  I was furious!  Anyhow, hopefully by the time I left, I educated some of them!
If anyone wants to see pictures of my little one (boy, am I a proud mom, or what?), you can view them at   http://members.aol.com/Kphoto/Sara/Sara.htm
This list has been so helpful for me in keeping good control.  The ideas, suggestions and support helped me to maintain excellent control before and during the pregancy. Thanks to all of you!!
Debbie Prosinski
email @ redacted
dear debbie,
yeah! i used to think most diabetic mothers usually had complications wile giving birth. you should've asked for pancakes with extra syrup and 3 chocolate doughnuts. i'd have liked to see the looks on their faces! ha ha