Re: [IP] Cotton Candy...Or are we taking this freedom thing tofar???

On 13 Aug 99, at 22:47, Jane B Reese wrote:
> I have been a diabetic for 35 years.  I have lived without cotton candy
> all that time - I think I have NEVER had cotton candy!  I will have to
> check with my parents - what's the BIG deal?  So what if you can't eat
> cotton candy - do you remember when in the early days, they had to keep
> ALL food locked in cabinets beause diabetics would breakin and eat,
> because they were so hungry???  your son/daughter CAN't  go without cotton
> candy???????!!

Didn't they make a movie about this?  "Reefer Madness" I think it
was called.     ;>)

> Excuse me?  They can eat everything else but cotton candy,
> and thats not enough?  Don't mean to be harsh, but diabetes is all about
> controlling what food you  eat, but ONLY if you want to live!

Why shouldn't insulin pumping mean enjoying little things that
bring smiles of joy.  Sorry, if you think this is harsh, Jane, but to
me the insulin pump is something that makes me feel human
again, so I just might go the the Fair and enjoy some cotton candy
for the first time in 35 years. It's good to feel like a kid again!

George Lovelace
Dxed 1964, Pumping 8/13/98
"Disetronic Made Me Whole Again"