Re: [IP] re: optimism, medic alert, and insurance...

I was interested to read Jess' note about depression.  I've had type I for 17
years and was just diagnosed with depression, but I think I've suffered from
it for many years.  No one has ever mentioned a connection to me, though.
I'll be interested to see what other people's experiences have been with this.

I remain fairly optimistic, as it seems many people are in this group, about
my diabetes.  For someone who pretended that I wasn't a diabetic when I was a
teenager (to the point of not taking my shots for almost a month, and not
testing my blood sugar for many years), I have relatively few and minor
complications, so I consider myself very lucky.