Re: [IP] new pumper on vacation with many carbs/fats

Ruth -

I don't know what others do.  BUT!  when I'm out, and don't know (KNOW what
amount of carb's are in amythiing, I count exchanges.  i've been diabetic
for years, and counting exchanges is second nature - but GUESS what!
Counting exchanges works better for me than counting carb's !!  It's easy to
eyeball the size of the portion, then bolus the correct amount!  To do all
the math with Carb's is a pain - to multiply times 1.7 is much easier by
comparison.  May NOT work for you, but wanted to let you know counting by
exchanges is possible and WORKS!  Has for me for many years, and maybe will
help you out!  Good luck!