Re: [IP] football and the pump

We are going thru the same thing that you are. My son plays football and they
just started hitting at practice. He takes his pump off and I have him wear
this belly band (it is a wide elastic velcro band) that I had from one of my
surgeries to cover his tubing and site so it doesn't get pulled out. The day
before he started wearing the belly band his tubing got ripped out by a
tackle. He plays running back and safety. He has been checking his blood
every 1 1/2 to 2 hours during practice and giving himself a bolus if needed.
He tried wearing the pump during practice before they started hitting and he
went to low. We found if he takes it off and keeps checking it everything
seems okay.
Good Luck to you!