RE: [IP] Endo Pumper, making changes and docs

We found that whether we were on MDI or pump therapy that the med. Prof.
were not a lot of specific help.  They know about general rules of thumb but
no one can figure things out better than the end user.

When we first started on MDI we called and faxed as directed and no matter
how bad the numbers were they just said that we were doing fine, keep up the
good work.  My wife and I would look at each other and shrug our shoulders.

Even now, new to the pump, I make changes and then call the CDE and run them
past her.  She has always said OK sounds good to me.  She is helpful and I
guess if I were doing the absolute wrong thing she would say so.  But so
much of what we do in diabetes is ... well, lets see how that works.  At
least now there is some consistency to the process.

I would say that on MDI the health care professionals were not a lot of
help.  That is not a bitter comment just an observation.  I don't see how
they could be a lot of help, given the individuality and randomness of
diabetes.

Curtis Lomax