[IP] numbness in fingers

I left a long message here a few weeks ago about my own experience with
ulnar neuropathy.  I would not just let it go, if I were you.  It's not
an emergency, but it is dangerous, if that's what you have.

In my case, the ulnar (elbow) nerve in my right arm was "entrapped,"
cutting off nerve impulse to the hand.  As a result, I've lost
considerable strength in that hand, which will never regenerate.

The condition only showed up in a session with a neurologist, who
directed me to a neurosurgeon, who, in a day surgery, freed the nerve so
that there will be no further atrophying.  He told me that, if I'd come
to him a lot earlier, most of my problem could have been avoided.