Re: [IP] scrutinizing waistbands/kind words

wow...I already do this and I don't even have my pump yet!! The other day I
was walking into a bookstore and saw a man coming out wearing what looked
like that little minpak from minimed. As I walked past him I found myself
trying to see whether there was an infusion line coming from it! (I never
did find out)
	One other thing--I was in another bookstore and overheard this woman ask
where she could find books on diabetes, as her husband was just diagnosed as
well as just going through heart surgery. She was confused because the
cardiologist's instructions were conflicting with the indocrinologist's
instructions (though this sounds strange?) but anyway . . . I felt this
incredible urge to just go up and wish her luck and let her know there were
other people out there who understood . . .so I did!  I know this may not
sound that strange to alot of people, but you'd have to have known me
"before" to know that i NEVER would have gone up to a total stranger and
started talking with them etc. . . .well it turns out her daughter's husband
is diabetic too! This woman happened also to be a nurse, but I don't think
she was very up on diabetes care as she gave me the old line of "As long as
you take care of yourself, you'll be fine. just follow your exchanges!" I
didn't go into that one.  But it was really nice to give someone else some
words of encouragement.  :)   This disease really affects your life in
strange ways . . .--Gianna