Re: [IP] plugging the pump

Hi! I just wanted to tell you that I also had my wisdom teeth out (all four)
at the beginning of July. I was not on a pump (I'm still not . . .) but it
was still OK. The weird thing was, they wanted to put me on a dextrose drip,
which I didn't want, so they said OK as long as you aren't low. Well. Of
course that was the ONLY day I ever woke up witha bg of 87.  So I figured
with fasting for the surgery and not taking morning insulin right away, it
would go up. Wrong.  By the time we got to the doctor's it was 67.  It took
me ten minutes to convince them to let me eat some glucose tabs!! Yikes.
But they didn't give me the glucose at least.  When I woke up my bg was
92--really good!! Then I had to fight them to let me take half my NPH to
keep me stable while not eating.  Then they made me eat a popsicle so I
could take the painkiller. By lunch by bg was 300!! grrrr . . . .it ended up
allright . . . it's so frustrating though . . .question . . .do doctors etc.
usually give a hard time about leaving the pump going during operations and
such?  I can't stand the way some pedi endos treat their 17 year olds like
they have the bodies and diabetes needs of their 7 yr. olds . . .that's why
i switched docs though . . .just my ranting!!!  --Gianna    p.s. we did my
surgery without antibiotics and just when I thought I was fine I got an
infection a whole month after the surgery!