Re: [IP] new pumper on vacation with many carbs/fats

In a message dated 8/12/99 6:19:36 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The real problem lay/lie (grammar ?)  with my daughter trying to estimate
 one half cup of corn or rice or whatever.  I didn't really want to take a
 measuring cup on vacation.
 What on earth do these pumpers do while eating out.  Guestimate? >>

If I'm not mistaken, half a cup is about enough to cover with the palm of
your hand.  A meat serving is the size of a deck of cards. Measure, measure,
measure at home with a measuring cup -- then see what you can compare the
portion size to that doesn't require a measuring cup. You'll get so you come
pretty close. :-)