[IP] Good article on Medical ID bracelets

I found the following article from Diabetes Interview while reading the
thread on Medical Identification. (Michael, it might be worth linking to
the site, since it summarizes most of our discussions pretty well).

I'm a *BIG* advocate of medical identification - I've worn some kind of
medical bracelet / necklace daily for almost 35 years. I reluctantly traded
my bracelet for a Medic Alert necklace (again) last month, since I was
always catching my arm on the bracelet. I do think the bracelet is more
"visible" to the casual observer, but I compromised here.

I'm very fortunate that the half dozen times I passed out from a hypo, I
was at home with someone nearby who was able to summon help. That was pure
luck. I wear the necklace for the time I might not be so lucky.

BTW, although I can wear silver, it tarnishes very badly on me - almost
instantly. I couldn't order a silver bracelet or necklace, since the
medical information wouldn't be legible through the tarnish. I suspect this
is one reason they recommend stainless for "us".

Here's the URL:

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted