I'm 5'7'', 125 pounds, though, and have always been trim.

I'm not holding myself up as any kind of non-exercising role model, just
rebutting your contention that exercise is the magic pill!

'mDate: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:07:17 -0400
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Optimism re diabetes

Yeah Fran, i guess you qualify as an old timer *S*.  I think we all
"cheated"--i love that term--so sexy *S*.   But you are just another
positive statistic, like Gary, ellen, myself, and several others who have
made it beyond 30 years with diabetes and few complications.  We are all
into serious regular exercise.   Do you know of any healthy long time
diabetics who don't exercise or work hard?  That's the question.
- -wayne