Re: [IP] Medic-alert bracelets

email @ redacted wrote:

"As it is time to renew, I am wondering if it is necessary, or even really
helpful, to use medic-alert Vs any other kind of id for my child to wear.
Any opinions?  Seems like once she is ided ad Diabetic - insulin pump, isn't
that enough for emergency people?"

What if your child was in an accident and somehow the pump doesn't make it
with her to the hospital?  Some kind of medical notification is necessary.
It tells the medical people what to look for.  In my case, I take 6 other
medications besides insulin.  MedicAlert is just right for me.  However, for
years, I wore a regular medical tag.  I bought a blank and had it engraved.
That worked for me.  I would have done that again, but finding the right size
blank is a problem here in North Carolina.  MedicAlert had what I wanted.

MedicAlert specifically isn't necessary.  However, some kind of medical
notification should be considered a requirement.