Re: [IP] Medic-alert bracelets

email @ redacted wrote:

> As it is time to renew, I am wondering if it is necessary, or even really
> helpful, to use medic-alert vs any other kind of id for my child to wear.
> Any opinions?  Seems like once she is ided ad Diabetic - insulin pump, isn't
> that enough for emergency people?
To: AHSHOATS
So do all EMT's know about insulin pumps??  What do they know// Is the
Doc's name on the pump, basal rates, allergy info, Who to call, etc.  My
opinion is that it is cheap insurance.  I've worn a medic-alert necklace
for 30 years and never had the occasion to use it, but sure as hell if I
threw it away because I wear a pump, I would need it.  I'm keeping mine!
Gary Taylor