[IP] re:Help with basals

Both bologna and cheese are high in fat and would digest slowly, causing bg
to rise slowly but probably stay elevated longer.  I don't think, due to the
consumption of food, that you can tell much about the basal for that time
period.  Try another day.  I know it is frustrating.  It has been so with my
son who has been pumping just over a year.  He still has his ups and downs,
but at 17 years old I think he does a pretty responsible job with it.  When
he is active his bgs run within target range.  Good luck.  I know it is even
more difficult with little ones who are growing and changing almost daily.

Just another thing I observed:  You said she was 180 at 8 a.m. and 133 at
9:30--obviously dropping.  At 10 a.m. you said she was starving.  Did you
test again?  She could have been low at that point and then the 251 at noon
could be a rebound from the low--expecially considering whe ate bologna and
cheese which would not give an immediate rise in bg.  She could have
conceivable dropped further before beginning to rise.  I hope that makes

Betsy Smith