[IP] Misnomers breed misperceptions

>>Could you please cc: me individually as I'm on the digest and might miss

I propose that, despite any list conventions of the Internet, the "digest"
be renamed, perhaps something like "post bundles or "batches."
    Many people correctly understand the meaning of the word "digest"  and
mistakenly believe that when they receive the digest they are receiving an
abridged or otherwise compacted version of the list.
  In fact. the digest has all the posts, the whole of the posts and nothing
but the posts. Recipients get the posts in batches, as though they had been
pasted on a long scroll. That means usually two to four items a day from IP
instead of a hundred or more separate items.
    Although the sign-up instructions do explain that a digest isn't a
digest in the true sense, it might be more efficient to just call a thing
what it is. Perhaps more people would use the digest if they understood they
were not missing out on posts.
    I also wonder if another persistent lack of clarity could be fixed with
a few words. The message at the end of every post says:

Might  some people misunderstood this as "to help me subscribe.... " ? If
they are just careless, it won't do any good, but for the few who just don't
understand, might the process to unsubscribe be made more explicit by

    For mail subscription assistance or to UNSUBSCRIBE, contact:

BTW, this is my fifth day pumping insulin.
Anika :^)